moparfl
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech Chrysler Dodge Jeep Master Tech
13195827

2000 jeep: two problems...6cyl..overheating..red, I opened the hood

Customer Question

I have two problems. My 2000 Jeep GC 6cyl is overheating. When I stopped the car and the temp was still close to the red, I opened the hood and noticed my fan wasn't on. I checked the fuse and it was ok. I was coming off the tail end of a 1300 mile trip and smelled something electrical about 200 miles from the end and that's when it started to overheat. Do you think the motor went out?
Also, since I bought this thing used, when the car warms up, the oil pressure gauge goes down and only holds at higher speeds. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Category: Jeep
Expert:  moparfl replied 8 years ago.
the most common problem for the radiator fan to stop is the fan relay goes bad on this model.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
What about the oil thing?
Expert:  moparfl replied 8 years ago.
Not sure what you are talking about? dont see anything in your post about a oil concern.