How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask sprinkles08 Your Own Question
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Jeep
Satisfied Customers: 22808
Experience:  Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep Master Certified, ASE Master and Advanced Certified, Trans and Hybrid Specialist
Type Your Jeep Question Here...
sprinkles08 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Neutral safety switch located on 2004 jeep grand cherokee

Resolved Question:

Where is the neutral safety switch located on 2004 jeep grand cherokee
Submitted: 8 years ago.
Category: Jeep
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer.


Which engine do you have in it?



Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 8 years ago.
Ok. The transmission range sensor on top of the valve body on your 545RFE trans does the same job of a park/nuetral switch. To get to it you have to drop the valve body out. The range sensor is part of the solenoid pack, and has a seperate rooster comb piece that slides on the valve body. The range sensors give almost 0 problems in these.
sprinkles08 and 3 other Jeep Specialists are ready to help you