Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

93 Jeep Grand Cherokee: I disable the security system

Customer Question
How can I disable the...
How can I disable the security system on my 93 Jeep Grand Cherokee--I'm desparate!
Submitted: 8 years ago.Category: Jeep
6/3/2009
Jeep Mechanic: Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic replied 8 years ago
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic

You can only Disable the Factory Alarm System while the vehicle engine is running.

Start Engine & remove Alarm Relay located under the Glove Box:

graphic

You can also DisArm Alarm by locating the VIOLET / YELLOW wire in the Driver Kick Panel / Door Boot.
Connect one end of a piece of wire to the VIOLET / YELLOW wire.
Connect the other end of the piece of wire to Ground (chassis)
This will DisArm the Factory Alarm until the wire is removed.

Good advice, but we can't get the engine running because the alarm is engaged! Is the Alarm Relay under the glove box by the heater fan?

Did you see the last instructions to DisArm??

Yes. I take it that the engine can be off to disarm it in that way then?

Yes, the DisArm procedure can be done regardless

If the Alarm is active now, try:

Be sure the Battery is fully charged.
Disconnect the Positive Battery Cable.
Open Driver Door & LEAVE Open.
Turn Ignition Switch to On position & LEAVE On.
Reconnect Positive Battery Cable
Horn may sound for a few seconds

Wait & then start engine

Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch
Don - Mo Lurch, Mechanic