moparfl
moparfl, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Tech Chrysler Dodge Jeep Master Tech
13195827

2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo: I get to the heater control lights

How do I get to the heater control lights in a 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo? One of the control buttons (the one on the right) is lighted. The other two are not. How do I remove the dash panel to get to the light bulbs?
Category: Jeep
Expert:  moparfl replied 8 years ago.

REMOVAL

WARNING: Disable the airbag system before attempting any steering wheel, steering column, or instrument panel component diagnosis or service. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery (ground) cable, then wait two minutes for the airbag system capacitor to discharge before performing further diagnosis or service. This is the only sure way to disable the airbag system. Failure to take the proper precautions could result in accidental airbag deployment and possible personal injury or death.

NOTE: ATC A/C-heater controls are NOT interchangeable between other model years or other vehicle lines. If replacement of the A/C-heater control is required, only use the control designed for the vehicle being serviced.

1. Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable.
  2. Remove the center bezel (1) from the instrument panel and place it on a workbench (refer to 23 - BODY/INSTRUMENT PANEL/INSTRUMENT PANEL CENTER BEZEL - REMOVAL).
  3. Remove the screws (2) that secure the electronic vehicle information center (EVIC) control (3) and the A/C-heater control (4) to the center bezel and remove the controls.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I do not know how to get the instrument panel from the dashboard of the car. Where is it fastened and how? Is it clipped or screwed?

Thank you for your assistance.

Expert:  moparfl replied 8 years ago.
It is snaped in.and has two screws at the bottom of it you will need to remove the shifter bezel to get it out.
Expert:  moparfl replied 8 years ago.

REMOVAL

1. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, separate the radio bezel, if equipped.
  2. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, separate the radio hood bezel.
  3. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, remove the shifter bezel ring.

4. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, remove the shifter bezel.
  5. Remove the screw inside the lower storage bin, if equipped.
  6. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, separate the clips and the center bezel.
  7. Disconnect the electrical connectors.