Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

Where is the flasher located on a 2002 jeep grand cherokee?

Customer Question
where is the flasher located on a 2002 jeep grand cherokee?
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Jeep
1/6/2009
Jeep Mechanic: Chris, Shop Foreman replied 9 years ago
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman

Hello and welcome to just answer Jeep. Here is the information for the combination flasher for you.

Hope this answers your question, but if you need more help with this let me know.

Chris

DESCRIPTION

The combination flasher is located in the Junction Block (JB) (Combination Flasher). The JB is located underneath the driver side of the instrument panel outboard of the steering column. The combination flasher is a smart relay that functions as both the turn signal system and the hazard warning system flasher. The combination flasher contains active electronic Integrated Circuitry (IC) elements. This flasher is designed to handle the current flow requirements of the factory-installed lighting. If supplemental lighting is added to the turn signal lamp circuits, such as when towing a trailer with lights, the combination flasher will automatically try to compensate to keep the flash rate the same.

The combination flasher has nine blade-type terminals that connect it to the vehicle electrical system. Refer to the appropriate wiring information.

Because of the active electronic elements within the combination flasher, it cannot be tested with conventional automotive electrical test equipment. If the combination flasher is believed to be faulty, test the turn signal system and hazard warning system circuits.(Refer to 8 - ELECTRICAL/LAMPS/LIGHTING - EXTERIOR - DIAGNOSIS AND TESTING - TURN SIGNAL & HAZARD WARNING SYSTEM). The combination flasher cannot be repaired or adjusted and, if faulty or damaged, it must be replaced.

graphic

Chris
Chris
Chris, Shop Foreman