brownjeff
brownjeff, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  17 years experience, ASE certified, dealership certified, Service Manager for 15 years,
11021861

2004 Jeep Cherokee: heater ac..panel..I remove the old one

2004 Jeep Cherokee heater ac temp control panel needs removed so I can replace it witha new one. How do I remove the old one?

The hard part is removing the bezelz to get to it. After they are removed there are just a few screws. I will attach information to remove the bezels. If you still need help just reply, if not click ACCEPT when we are done.

Thanks,

JB

1. Disconnect and isolate the battery negative cable.
  2. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, gently pry each of the four corners of the center upper bezel away from the instrument panel far enough to disengage the four snap clips from their receptacles (INSTRUMENT PANEL CENTER UPPER BEZEL REMOVE/INSTALL).
  3. Remove the center upper bezel from the instrument panel.

1 - CENTER UPPER BEZEL
2 - RADIO
3 - TRIM STICK

REMOVAL

WARNING: ON VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH AIRBAGS, DISABLE THE AIRBAG SYSTEM BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANY STEERING WHEEL, STEERING COLUMN, OR INSTRUMENT PANEL COMPONENT DIAGNOSIS OR SERVICE. DISCONNECT AND ISOLATE THE BATTERY NEGATIVE (GROUND) CABLE, THEN WAIT TWO MINUTES FOR THE AIRBAG SYSTEM CAPACITOR TO DISCHARGE BEFORE PERFORMING FURTHER DIAGNOSIS OR SERVICE. THIS IS THE ONLY SURE WAY TO DISABLE THE AIRBAG SYSTEM. FAILURE TO TAKE THE PROPER PRECAUTIONS COULD RESULT IN ACCIDENTAL AIRBAG DEPLOYMENT AND POSSIBLE PERSONAL INJURY.

2. Using a trim stick C-4755 or equivalent, gently pry each of the four corners of the center lower bezel away from the instrument panel far enough to disengage the four snap clips from their receptacles (INSTRUMENT PANEL CENTER LOWER BEZEL REMOVE/INSTALL).
  3. Pull the center lower bezel away from the instrument panel far enough to access the instrument panel wire harness connectors.
  4. Squeeze the mounting legs of the ash receiver lamp hood and remove it from the rectangular hole in the ash receiver flame shield.
  5. If equipped, disconnect the instrument panel wire harness connectors for the two heated seat switches from the switch connector receptacles.
  6. Disconnect the instrument panel wire harness connectors for the cigar lighter and accessory power outlet from the lighter and outlet connector receptacles.
  7. Remove the center lower bezel from the instrument panel.

1 - HEATER AND AIR CONDITIONER CONTROLS
2 - TRIM STICK
3 - CENTER LOWER BEZEL