Jeep

Have Jeep Questions? Ask a Jeep Repair Expert for Answers

Jeep

1991 Jeep Cherokee Abs system.

Customer Question
I have a 1991 jeep...
I have a 1991 jeep cherokee, both the brake light and abs light is on. We can't seem to locate a wiring diagram for this vehicle. There are four wires going to the pressure motor, one is ground the other three have 12 volts on them. We need help.
Submitted: 9 years ago.Category: Jeep
10/26/2008
Jeep Mechanic: dually2, ASE Certified Technician replied 9 years ago
dually2
dually2, ASE Certified Technician

Hi, the reason why those lights come on is because of a loss of pressure.It is a very simple wiring system,relay on the pump that are basically controlled by pressure sensors at the valve body of the brake system under the resivor.

Is the pump contuiously running?

No, the pump doesn't run. At the pressure sensor, there is two hot wires, no ground. Is this right? We can't seem to find a wiring diagram for this vehicle. Also, the brake pedal is very firm.
I will have to look for a diagram,its so old.The ground s what would fire off the pump There has been a ton of recalls on this brake system,do you know if they are all up to date,the latest one i have seen is infact the pump.The pedal is firm due to no pressure build up,that is basically your boost.If you do not know about the recall dates for that vehicle, i can run a VIN and find out.
This VIN did show one recall I will have to call the dealer to see if it can still be completed. It would be great if you can find the wiring diagram because we can't seem to locate one. We do appreciate all your help. Thanks again.
I will search and get back to you Monday.
ALLDATA OnlineHome | Account | Contact ALLDATA | Log Out | Help

DAVE HAMILTON CHEVY

Select Vehicle | New TSBs | Technician's Reference
Component Search:
Conversion Calculator

1990 Jeep Truck Cherokee 4WD L6-242 4.0L VIN L FI

Vehicle Level Diagrams Electrical Diagrams Antilock Brakes / Traction Control Systems System Schematic
System Schematic
Antilock Brakes / Traction Control Systems
Notes
Notes
Fig. 2 Electrical System Schematic

© 2008 ALLDATA LLC. All rights reserved.
Terms of Use
I got five email from you today, with no information in them.
I am so sorry i looked to make sure you could see the diagrams they wher there,maybe your security on your system wont view. i will try to send them again.
Jeep Mechanic: Glenn, Technician/Trainer replied 9 years ago
Glenn
Glenn, Technician/Trainer

Hello

I have uploaded the schematic diagrams for the abs system and you can download them by clicking HERE.

When you are done, please click ACCEPT on the answer provided by dually2 .

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

graphic
Thank you for the diagrams. Can you tell me if the orange wire, coming off the anti-lock pump motor is supposed to have 13V. We were told that there should be 2 grounds and 2 with voltage, but that is not what we have.

Yes it should be hot all the time.

Should there be 3 wires that have 13 volts at the pump and one ground? we have voltage on B, C, and D. Ground at A. Is this correct?

A,ground,B,computer ground,C,battery fused,D, power distribution center fuse.

dually2
dually2
dually2, ASE Certified Technician