Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I cant seem to get rid of the Ccm code P1000. 2003 X type…

Customer Question
I cant seem to...

I cant seem to get rid of the Ccm code P1000

Mechanic's Assistant: The Jaguar Mechanic will know what to do about that error code. What's the year and model of your Jaguar?

2003 X type 3.0-

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you seen this error before with the same vehicle?

Yes for the pasty wek. I had a misfire cylinder 2. changed the spark plug and ignition coil. I scleared all history of codes by mistake, but have driver over 150 highway miles since and all error codes are good sexcep[t P1000

Mechanic's Assistant: The Jaguar Mechanic will know what to do about that error code. Is there anything else the Jaguar Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

Need to get smog check in 2 days

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jaguar
5/18/2022
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 4 months ago
Daniel Chaidez
Good Afternoon, my name is ***** ***** ill be helping you, so sorry to hear about the issues here on the Jaguar. I know how frustrating it can be to deal with DTCs that wont clear, especially when its an emissions related issue. Now with who am I speaking with today?
DanielNeed to clear P1000 to get a smog check
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 4 months ago

Pleasure to meet you Daniel. P1000 indicates that one or multiple of the emission monitors have not run. Do you know which ones are the ones that have yet to be completed?

I have replaced ignition coil 2 and spark plug and driven 150 highway miles and all was good except CCM P1000 code didn't completeI erased all the coeds my mistake after replacing coil and plug. So I had to drive to reset. Now no matter what I do I cannot get CCM to complete, this P1000
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 4 months ago

Understood, P1000 does not point to a part that needs to be replaced, it just indicates that the drive monitors have not run and been able to complete. Driving will have them complete but sometimes you need to follow a specific drive cycle to get them to run. Have you been able to verify which monitor exactly has not run?

No, how do I do thatWhat device cycle do I need to do?
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 4 months ago
You would need to use a scan tool that can read the mode 6 data or is advanced enough to check the emission monitors. Once you find out which one is not running then you can know what drive cycle needs to be done or if there is an issue going on with that monitor system.
I have the Auto Autolink AL329Can that do itAutel Autolink 319. Is mine
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 4 months ago

I am not familiar with that scan tool, but it looks to be very entry level so I do not expect that it can get that data.

Then how would I find out/
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 4 months ago

You would need to run the scan with a more advanced scan tool.

Can a garage do that?
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 4 months ago

Yes, as long as they have an advanced scan tool that is compatible with Jaguar. Its just getting data from the car.

Ok I will go to a garage
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 4 months ago

Okay sounds good. Once you have that info follow back up with me and I can send the monitors.

Once thety scan, you are saying that they can tell what is missing and what kind of drive cycle I need to complete?
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 4 months ago

Yes I can send over the drive cycle once I know which monitor is the one not running. Just reply here and it will get back to me.

Ok thx
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 4 months ago

I am happy to help! Do you have any further questions related to the P1000 code here that I can help you with today?

Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 4 months ago

Please let me know if you have any further questions or need me to clarify anything.

Ill be logging off now for the evening, but I will reply to any messages in the morning.

Thank you!

Hello Daniel. Sorry but I am a bit lost here. I took it to a smog station to get it tested and they charged me but then said that they could t test it because the CCM was not ready. I have been driving it since and it has been all good except for CCM today after driving more in completes came up like Cat and O2 sensor. Those had both cleared previously. The DMV final date to register the vehicle is May 20th and I need to have the smog test done. What can I do.
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 4 months ago
I can send over the drive cycles that need to be done in order to get those monitors to run but I’m currently out of the shop for the evening. Shoot me a message in the morning and we can take it from there. Thank you!
Thank you
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 4 months ago
No problem.
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 4 months ago

Below are the drive cycles to reset the monitors for both the Cat and the O2 sensors. Make sure you follow the steps exactly like they show.

CATALYST EFFICIENCY MONITOR DRIVE CYCLE

1. Start engine and bring to normal operating temperature > 75 degree C (167 degree F).
2. With the gear selector in Park or Neutral, hold the engine speed at 2500 rpm for 5 minutes.
3. Drive vehicle ensuring that vehicle speed exceeds 15 km/h (10 mph) and the engine speed exceeds 1500 rpm.
4. Stop the vehicle and check for any temporary DTCs using WDS.

HEATED OXYGEN SENSORS MONITOR DRIVE CYCLE

Upstream (Universal) oxygen sensors:
1. Engine OFF; cooling fans inoperative > 20 seconds.
2. Start engine and bring to normal operating temperature > 82 degree C (180 degree F).
3. Drive the vehicle between 3000 - 4000 rpm in 3rd gear at a steady speed. Lift foot completely off accelerator and coast to a stop within 30 seconds. Do not touch accelerator pedal for 4 seconds after coming to a stop.
4. Repeat step 3.
5. Idle engine for 11 minutes.

Downstream oxygen sensors:
1. Start engine and bring to normal operating temperature > 82 degree C (180 degree F).
2. Drive the vehicle steadily between 48 - 97 km/h (30 - 60 mph) for 10 minutes.
3. Drive the vehicle above 3000 rpm in 3rd gear at a steady speed. Lift foot completely off accelerator and coast for 30 seconds.

Oxygen sensor heaters:
2. Idle engine for 3 minutes.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer Daniel, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions related to these monitors here-I am happy to help!

Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 4 months ago

Okay I already sent over the Cat monitor drive cycle. Ill go ahead and send over the CCM and EVAP monitor drive cycles as well.

Here is the CCM drive cycle

COMPREHENSIVE COMPONENT MONITOR TRANSMISSION DRIVE CYCLE

The Comprehensive Component Monitor transmission drive cycle will check all transmission system components:
1. Engine and transmission at normal operating temperature. Ignition OFF; ensure that SPORT mode is NOT selected.
2. With gear selector in P and the ignition ON. Check gearshift interlock by attempting to move selector without pressing the brake pedal. Verify P state illumination.
3. Press and hold the brake pedal. Move the gear selector to R. Verify R state illumination.
4. Set the parking brake. Press and hold the brake pedal. Attempt to start the engine. The engine should not start.
5. Move the gear selector to N. Verify N state illumination. Start the engine.
6. With the hand brake set and the brake pedal pressed, move the gear selector to the remaining positions in the J-Gate (D, 4, 3, 2) for five (5) seconds each. Verify the state illumination in each position.
7. Move the gear selector back to 4. Verify 4 state illumination.
8. Move the gear selector to D. Verify D state illumination.
9. Move the gear selector to N. Verify N state illumination.
10. Select R, release the brakes and drive the vehicle in Reverse for a short distance.
11. Stop the vehicle.
12. Select*****the vehicle up to 65 km/h (40 mph). Hold 65 km/h (40 mph) for a minimum of five (5) seconds.
13. Select 3 and hold 65 km/h (40 mph) for a minimum of five (5) seconds.
14. Select 4 and hold 65 km/h (40 mph) for a minimum of five (5) seconds.
15. Select D and accelerate to a minimum speed of 80 km/h (50 mph). Hold 80 - 129 km/h (50 - 80 mph) for a minimum of 1.7 kilometers (1 mile).
16. Stop the vehicle; do not switch OFF the engine.
17. Use WDS Datalogger TOTAL NUMBER OF DTC SET to ensure that transmission DTC monitoring is complete.

And the EVAP drive cycle

EVAPORATIVE SYSTEM MONITOR DRIVE CYCLE

1. Ensure that fuel filler cap is fully closed (minimum three clicks).
2. Fuel level > 30% and < 85%.
3. Using WDS, perform ECM DTC Clear (even if no DTCs are flagged).
4. Drive vehicle for a minimum of 2 minutes, and until engine is at normal operating temperature.
5. Using WDS, ensure that the EVAP Canister Purge Valve is operating by observing PURGE VAPOR MANAGEMENT VALVE - DUTY CYCLE . If the valve is not active, ECM adaptions have not been learned. Conduct a green ECM Drive Cycle as described in Technical Service Bulletin.
6. Drive vehicle to the road where the EVAP System Drive Cycle will be conducted. Stop vehicle and switch OFF the ignition. Leave ignition OFF for 30 seconds, and then restart the engine.
7. Accelerate briskly to 80 km/h (50 mph) ensuring that the engine speed reaches a minimum of 3500 rpm for a minimum of 5 seconds.
8. (0.040-inch EVAP Test) View WDS PURGE VAPOR MANAGEMENT VALVE - DUTY CYCLE, CANISTER CLOSE VALVE - VAPOR RECOVERY SYSTEM, and FUEL TANK PRESSURE - VAPOR RECOVERY SYSTEM . Avoiding high engine loads, drive the vehicle steadily between 65 km/h (40 mph) and 100 km/h (60 mph). Avoid driving conditions that will produce excessive fuel movement. WDS should give an indication that the test is active (it may take up to 30 minutes before the test will initialize). When the test has initialized (EVAP Canister Close Valve CLOSED), it will take approximately 90 seconds for the test to complete.
9. (0.020-inch EVAP Test) Continue driving vehicle as explained in Step 8 for an additional 10 minutes.
10. Gently coast the vehicle to a stop. Allow the engine to idle for 2 minutes and view WDS PURGE VAPOR MANAGEMENT VALVE - DUTY CYCLE, CANISTER CLOSE VALVE - VAPOR RECOVERY SYSTEM, and FUEL TANK PRESSURE - VAPOR RECOVERY SYSTEM . WDS should give an indication that the test is active. When the test has initialized (EVAP Canister Close Valve CLOSED), it will take approximately 90 seconds for the test to complete.
11. If the 0.020-inch EVAP Test is not activated, the purge system vapor concentration may be too great. To reduce the vapor concentration proceed as follows:
12. Drive the vehicle for an additional 30 minutes avoiding driving conditions that will produce excessive fuel movement. Repeat Step 10. If the 0.020-inch EVAP Test is still not activated, repeat the Drive Cycle from Step 6.
13. Using WDS, check for and clear flagged DTCs.