Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have ordered a used transmission control module for a 03…

I have ordered a...

I have ordered a used transmission control module for a 03 jag xtype 3.0, will it need to be reprogrammed?

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your transmission? Have you noticed any leaks under the vehicle?

No leaks and every since it got wet about 3 months ago

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the model of your '03 Jaguar?

Xtype

Mechanic's Assistant: Is there anything else the Jaguar Mechanic should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.

I opened the tcm unit and can see corrosion on one of the chips and a small rust stain inside of box, so I am trying to find out if it's windshield or hood cable going through the firewall that's causing water to leak 8n

2/23/2022
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 9 months ago
Daniel Chaidez
Good Afternoon, my name is ***** ***** ill be helping you, so sorry to hear about the issue here on the Jaguar. I know how frustrating it can be to deal with transmission related issues, especially if you they are electronic. Now with who am I speaking with today?
Michael
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 9 months ago

Pleasure to meet you Michael, a used or new TCM would need to be programmed to work correctly. Ive seen some used ones work fine but then set a VIN mismatch code later down the line and cause shifting issues. Is the TCM currently working?

Not right now
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 9 months ago

Ah okay then I would recommend you get that programming done to get the TCM working as it should.

No it seems to get stuck in second gear, the gearbox fault shows up but if I shut car off the gearbox light goes off but as soon as it hits second gear it comes back on
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 9 months ago

Ah okay so definitely sounds like a TCM related issue. I would recommend starting with having the TCM programmed since it is required whenever its replaced.

If it needs to be reprogrammed where do you recommend it b sent to?
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 9 months ago

In my experience only the dealer can do the programming. You can see if an independent shop has the correct scan tool needed to get that done but they are few and far between

Can ou recommend anyone in the Washington state area Belingham or Seattle area, and do they need the car as well to do the programming or just the TCM unit. I'm stuck in a place that only has access by traveling through Canada and right now towing is a challange
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 9 months ago

I am not familiar with any shops near that area so your best bet would be your local Jaguar dealer. They would need the car and the TCM to do the programming there.

Thank you for the info and your time
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 9 months ago

I am happy to help! Do you have any further questions related to the TCM programming here that I can help you with today?

Not today thank you
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 9 months ago

It was a pleasure to help you today Michael. Thank you for using JustAnswer. Have a great day!

Daniel Chaidez