Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I changed the fuel pump module in my 04 Jaguar S Type R and…

Customer Question
I changed the fuel pump...
I changed the fuel pump module in my 04 Jaguar S Type R and I'm still getting restricted performance and the car hesitates as I accelerate...
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jaguar
11/20/2021
Jaguar Mechanic: 6Bucs, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
6Bucs
6Bucs, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thank you for your question. My name is James.

Has the engine computer been checked for trouble codes?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
only code is coming up is P1339 it Says Communication

Ok thanks. You replaced the fuel pump control module in the trunk, correct?

Thank you for that information. P1339 references the pump control module, but what more specifically this comes down to a problem with the actual fuel pump (which they also call a module) so it can be confusing. Your S type has a primary and secondary fuel pump, This code is for the secondary pump. Many times a failing fuel pump causes the module to fail. The secondary fuel pump is controlled by the fuel pump control module in the trunk. The primary fuel pump is controlled by the Rear Electronic Control Module.

If the [email protected] fuse for the secondary fuel pump is ok, Remove the fuel tank, inspect the wiring at the secondary fuel pump, and if ok, replace the secondary fuel pump.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
ok

If you need further assistance, you can reply back here at any time. Thank you for using Just Answer.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank you & Changing the Secondary fuel pump under the back seat will get rid of the performance restriction and the hesitation as I accelerate

Check the fuse first. If you have a test light and want to access the pump and check power and ground to it with the key in the run position, we can go over that as well, but it's most likely just a bad fuel pump. After the repair and the engine has idled for a few minutes, clear any trouble codes with your code reader, then road test the vehicle to make sure the problem is resolved.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Okay