Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Won't crank, getting message can not apply footbrake and…

Customer Question
Won't crank, getting message...

Won't crank, getting message can not apply footbrake and other messages

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the shift lock light blinking or flashing, or is it solid? When did you first notice it?

Were is the shift lock light

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the year and model of your Jaguar?

2013 jaguar xfr

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jaguar
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/24/2021
Jaguar Mechanic: Tom, ASE Certified Technician replied 1 year ago
Tom
Tom, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to just answer! I will be assisting you with all of your vehicle questions today. Give me one moment while I review your question and I will be right back with your answer, or I may need some additional information from you about your vehicle. The site will ask for a phone call not me so please disregard that thanks!

Ok this is caused by a weak battery  . If the battery is not fully charged or became weak it causes these electrical issues. You need to replace the battery if needed and then oyu can try this as well.

To reset the Electronic Parking Brake (EPB) module:
1a) Switch off the ignition
b) Disconnect the battery for 30 seconds
c) Reconnect the battery
2) Start the engine
3) Firmly apply and release the footbrake five times
4) Confirm that the message “NOT CALIBRATED” or “APPLY FOOT AND
PARK BRAKE” is displayed on the instrument cluster message center.
This indicates that the parking brake is in calibration
mode
5) Lightly press the footbrake pedal
6) While holding down on the footbrake pedal, apply the parking brake
by using the EPB switch
7) Release the parking brake switch
8) Release the footbrake
9) Confirm that the brake warning lamp is no longer illuminated on the
instrument pack and that the “NOT CALIBRATED” message is no
longer displayed in the message center.
10) Apply and release the EPB five times to ensure no error is present.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did not work

Ok then you need to have the battery tested most likely needs to be replaced.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I already replaced it

Any codes stored ? Was the vehicle in an accident?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No

OK there has to be a fault in the EPB module and it will need to be scanned to make sure . The EPB motors fail as well.