Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Transmission emissions light stays on. I have got a jaguar…

transmission emissions light stays...

transmission emissions light stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

I have got a jaguar xf and the engine transmission anmber light stays on

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your XF?

67 plate

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?

If i can ge away with fixing it my self i will just wondered if it was a simple remedy

12/5/2020
Jaguar Mechanic: john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician replied 2 years ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician

Hello, Welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** would be delighted to assist you today.
I'm sorry you're having trouble with your vehicle today.
The website will offer you a phone call. Feel free to accept or decline this service.
It does not come directly from me. I cannot provide phone assistance outside the US.
Please give me a few moments to go over your concerns.
While I'm reviewing your case, would you mind sending me your VIN? This will allow me to give you the most accurate
information possible based on your specific vehicle. Please know this is not an auto response message system. We are
full time Automotive technicians, who field cases as they come in. If you do not receive a prompt response, this means we have stepped away momentarily
or are working on your case as well as many others. Please be patient as we work through this. May I ask your name? Have you scanned for fault codes?

The check engine light comes on when the on-board computer detects a fault in engine driveability or performance, transmission control system or transmission, or the emissions system, and a fault code is set and stored in the computer. Faults that can set the check engine light can range from a vaccuum leak, engine mis-fire, low engine compression, faulty sensor such as O2 sensor or other engine sensor, hydraulic pressure loss in transmission, transmission shift solenoid, open/short in wiring harness, emission evaporative system leak, or one of over a hundred different reasons.
The only way to know what set a fault code and turned the check engine light on is to have a diagnostic scanner hooked up to the on-board computer and read it for stored diagnostic fault codes. Many auto parts stores will do this service for free- (like auto zone)check with you local parts stores. If none in your area do, then you will have to take it to a shop and pay to have the computer read for stored fault codes.

Without knowing the fault codes numbers, it would be irresponsible to guess as to the cause as there are hundreds of possible causes

if you provide me a diagnostic code we can narrow down the cause of failure

john -aka eauto