Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I want to see diagram of the engine of a 1996 Jaguar XJ6. I…

Customer Question
I want to see...

I want to see diagram of the engine of a 1996 Jaguar XJ6.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the Jaguar? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

I think my Steering Fluid is low but not certain of proper dip stick for Steering Fluid. In addition, I'm wondering IF the Steering Fluid Manufacturuer matters?

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJ6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

175,000 miles. automaic trans.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. However, I'm not sure IF this dipstick is the Stering Fluid OR Tranmissin Fluid, etc.???

Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Jaguar
11/23/2020
Jaguar Mechanic: Daniel Chaidez,
 replied 1 year ago
Daniel Chaidez

Good afternoon, my name is ***** ***** ill be helping you, so sorry to hear about the issues here on the Jaguar. The power steering reservoir looks like the diagram attached down below. There is only a dipstick tube with a cap on this model and not a dipstick for the transmission. The fluid level is checked by removing the dipstick tube cap and inserting a special tool which is a long dipstick, and after the level is confirmed good then the dipstick is removed and a new cap in installed on the tube to seal it again. The power steering circuit calls for Dexron III automatic transmission fluid to work correctly.