Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Xtype driving down the road motor reved up no tran won't go…

Xtype driving down the...

Xtype driving down the road motor reved up no tran won't go forward or backwards just like that costed to stop tryed to put it in park and it grinds

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the Jaguar? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

148.000 Just did fluid change

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

05 jaguar xtype awd 3.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just towed it home

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Put to left right CV shaft in

4/23/2020
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
HelloThanks for using justanswer.com. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question. The site may automatically prompt you for a phone call request but there is an additional charge for that and it is not needed as we can continue here in the text forum.Sorry you are experiencing this problem and I will do my best to help but I do have some questions.Did this happen right after replacing the axle? Which side was replaced?Any other work or services done?Let me know. Thanks.
1/2) Ok I did pass side a week ago then a week later did driver side CVS drove to work was fine on way home it just nothing costed to stop went to put in park2/2) made a grinding nose had there is no part alsoSorry there is no park in parkI had to shut it off to put in park then shut car off but car kept rolling in park
Thanks for the info.Sounds like there could be an issue with the transfer case. We need to inspect to see if the internal diff separated. This can be seen by looking to see if the passenger side axle was disengaged and popped out of the case.
1/2) It was working find trans shifting fine it's like its in neutral I done driver's side CVS Saturday drove it around a bit it was fine then today coming ho2/2) me it just rpms went up like in neutral towed home look at it this weekend
Ok thanks. Yes we need to inspect that axle where it goes into the transfer case. You can send me some photos of what it looks like. Thanks.
Would flued make a difference that was charged to
I always use the Jag fluid. If it is low this could be the cause but I figured this would have happened as soon as it was done. I will send over the fluid check procedure.
Il change it again anyway I used micron 5 sin. But out of drum
Ok. I will send the instructions.
Richard, Jaguar Technician
https://www.jaguarforums.com/forum/x-type-x400-14/transmission-drain-fill-procedure-faq-43649/