Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I started my car about five days ago but didn't run it

Customer Question
I started my car...

I started my car about five days ago but didn't run it because I've been staying in the house. I went to start it tonight and though all the lights went on and the radio the car was completely silent. Nothing, not even a click.

Mechanic's Assistant: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?

Car won't start at all, no dash lights when key is in ignition at position two. radio, and lights work including dash lights. after a few seconds only battery and oil lights remain. What is going on?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

1999 Xj8(?)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJ8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. all I know how to do is turn it on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have a new battery and 2 weeks ago the car wouldn't start either, but it did turn over. Now it does nothing at all.The mechanic from AAA said the gas in the fuel line probably had some condensation due to the changes in the weather and he did get started, and it ran perfectly after that until now. As i said it started perfectly about 5 days ago.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jaguar
4/8/2020
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
HelloThanks for using justanswer.com. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question. The site may automatically prompt you for a phone call request but there is an additional charge for that and it is not needed as we can continue here in the text forum.Sorry you are experiencing this problem and I will do my best to help but I do have some questions.Can I have the last eight of your VIN?Does the remote lock and unlock the vehicle?Will the shifter release from park with the ignition on and foot on the brake?Do you have a digital multimeter we can use to perform some tests?Let me know. Thanks.