Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a 2002 s type Jaguar put it into drive but won't move…

Customer Question
I have a 2002...

I have a 2002 s type Jaguar put it into drive but won't move put it into reverse it won't move but lots to converter up

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '02 Jaguar?

S-Type 3.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I am and I haven't tried anything yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Traction control is lit up on the dash

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Jaguar
10/24/2019
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 2 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
HelloThanks for using justanswer.com. my name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question. The site will automatically prompt you for a phone call request but there is an additional charge for that and it is not needed as we can continue here in the text forum.Sorry you are experiencing this problem and I will be do my best to help but I do have some questionsDoes the shifter feel normal when moving?Any abnormal noises?
It will not move , running when you put it in gear feels like it's slipping but you can feel the converter locking upLocking up or locking in drive and reverse

Thanks. This does sound like a mechanical failure inside the transmission/converter. To be sure we would need a Jag diagnostic tool to test the transmission management system. I also recommend we check the fluid level and condition. Since there is no dipstick this is not easily done as the engine needs to be running. fluid warmed and the vehicle on a level surface/lift. There is a level check plug that needs to be removed to see if fluid flows out of the port indicating it is full. e then could also see if the fluid is burnt and shows metal or other clutch material particles.

Let me know. Thanks.