Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

1997 Jaguar XK8, Conv,2Dr; Running down the hiway-- all of a…

1997 Jaguar XK8, Conv,2Dr; Running...
1997 Jaguar XK8, Conv,2Dr; Running down the hiway-- all of a sudden: the engine stops running and slows down and the engine lite come on: Come to a stop, it tries to start, but will immediately stop running.(like it's not getting any fuel) Help AGAIN!!!!!! Thanks.
8/24/2019
Jaguar Mechanic: john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician replied 3 years ago
john -aka eauto
john -aka eauto, ASE Certified Technician

Hello and thank you for your question.
My name is John (aka Eauto) and I look forward to helping you with your Jag
Sorry to hear you are having problems today.
Please keep in mind that I DO NOT know your skill level.
The Web Site will prompt a phone call feel free to Just ignore those , I will let you know if it's needed.......... I will do my best to answer your question fast and accurate using the info you have provided. Let's get started.

have you scanned for codes?

nojust write it please with any suggestionsjust write it if you can please. thankswill take it to a mech. soon, I have no guages, etc. but would like an idea as to possible problem(ws), thanks

any warning lights on? are you fixing your self?

no self fixing!!!!!--eng lite comes on, try to start, but shuts down immediately & another comment come on but goes out so fast I can't get it, sorry!!!!the message says something like "engine....."

The check engine light comes on when the on-board computer detects a fault in engine driveability or performance, transmission control system or transmission, or the emissions system, and a fault code is set and stored in the computer. Faults that can set the check engine light can range from a vaccuum leak, engine mis-fire, low engine compression, faulty sensor such as O2 sensor or other engine sensor, hydraulic pressure loss in transmission, transmission shift solenoid, open/short in wiring harness, emission evaporative system leak, or one of over a hundred different reasons.
The only way to know what set a fault code and turned the check engine light on is to have a diagnostic scanner hooked up to the on-board computer and read it for stored diagnostic fault codes. Many auto parts stores will do this service for free- (like auto zone)check with you local parts stores. If none in your area do, then you will have to take it to a shop and pay to have the computer read for stored fault codes.

Without knowing the fault codes numbers, it would be irresponsible to guess as to the cause as there are hundreds of possible causes

if you provide me a diagnostic code we can narrow down the cause of failure

Fantastic!!!! Thanks------you're great!!!5 stars for sure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

your welcome

john -aka eauto