Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I went through a drive through car wash and something went…

I went through a...

I went through a drive through car wash and something went wrong with my transmission. I tried to reset the computer by unplugging the battery. When I reconnected it non of my gauges. And my transmission is still stuck in third gear.??

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

1991 xj6 sovereign

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJ6 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I'm fixing it myself. I only took the negative cable off the battery for about a hour and put it back on.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Only that its sti

7/28/2019
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 3 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
HelloThanks for using justanswer.com. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question. The site will automatically prompt you for a phone call request but that may not be needed as we can continue here in the text forum.Sorry you are experiencing this problem and I will do my best to help.Water may have leaked through a grommet and into the TCM. I will send over a service bulletin.
Click the link.
Richard, Jaguar Technician