Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

It was driving fine. Then it started stuttering and shaking.

Customer Question
It was driving fine...

It was driving fine. Then it started stuttering and shaking. Then it died no. Had it record home. Thought it was the fuel filter or something simple and had those replaced. Started it and try to drive it and it started stuttering and died again. Restarted it put it in reverse to bring back to the house and it ran fine. What's wrong with my Jag?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the fuel filter an external one, or is it inside the tank?

External

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2000 S-Type Jaguar 3.0 l

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

Fuel filter so far. Like i said it goes great in reverse. But when you put it in drive and try to go forward is stutters and calls and Shakes then it will die.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

It certainly seems like it's running out of fuel. And running really lean. But it seems to be fine when I put it in reverse. And it just doesn't make sense to me.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Jaguar
5/23/2019
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 3 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
HelloMy name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question. The site will automatically prompt you for a phone call request but that may not be needed as we can continue here in the text.Sorry you are experiencing this issue and I will do my best to help. I do need to ask a few questions.Are any fault warning lights or messages on?If you idle in park will it stay and run normally?
Thanks. What fault lights and/or messages are on?
Just a check engine lightThe check engine light is on..
Ok thanks. This could be caused by a few different possibilities. I am concerned that the engine stalls in drive as this could be a torque converter issue.It also could be a vacuum leak as I see issues with air leaks on the V6 engine. See if you can borrow a scan tool from your local parts store to see if we can retrieve the stored fault codes. Let me know. Thanks.