Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

When I drive a beeping start when come to a stop the beeping…

Customer Question
When I drive...

When I drive a beeping start when come to a stop the beeping stops

Mechanic's Assistant: Will the headlights turn on? Is the battery fully charged?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

S type 2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not yet

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Bad battery, have to jump.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Jaguar
4/17/2019
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 3 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello

This is most likely a parking brake issue caused by the weak battery. Try disconnecting just the negative battery terminal cable for about 30 minutes. Then reconnect it. Start the engine and pump the brakes a few times. Then hold your foot on the brake and pull up the parking brake switch. This should reset it. Just please do not close the trunk with the battery disconnected. Let me know. Thanks.