Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I change the throttle position sensor in my 2003 Jaguar x…

Customer Question
I change the throttle...

I change the throttle position sensor in my 2003 Jaguar x type started it and it sounded kinda rough. Let it run for about 20 mins then turned it off then back on and now is stuck at full rpms. I turn it off cause it’s like my engine is gonna blow

Mechanic's Assistant: Does the vehicle hesitate during acceleration? Or maybe speed up suddenly when you aren't even hitting the gas?

Eh kinda.. while idling the first time I put the peddle to the floor and it would only go up to 4000 rpms

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 Jaguar?

X type

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I have only replaced the throttle position sensor because my car would flash light on dash with a ! And Would downshift slowly in limp mode and every gear it would be hard with a slam but I was able to shut my car off and turn back on and it be fine

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yeah I broke two airlines while maintenancing just because they were old. And I did the spark plugs a few months back and I’m just wondering if the intake manifold gasket could be an issue as well because when I was doing research they had mentioned that

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Jaguar
4/15/2019
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 3 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
HelloHow was the TPS replaced? Is the new part you have slotted and if so how did you set it?