Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a 2004 XJ8, first problem was the boot open and low…

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 XJ8, first problem was the boot open and low temp light keeps flashing back and forth with no problems with both. Next car wouldn't even turn on after sitting for 2 months. I charged the battery but when I hooked it back up the horn blasts and it wont start. My mechanic told me to use my key on the door to reset alarm system and that worked as it started right up. Two days later it's back to not starting.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?

Low temperature coolant then it switches to boot open and then goes back and

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJ8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Next car wouldn't even turn on after sitting for 2 months. I charged the battery but when I hooked it back up the horn blasts and it wont start. My mechanic told me to use my key on the door to reset alarm system and that worked as it started right up. Two days later it's back to not starting. I cant find anyone in the area who works on Jads

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Jaguar
3/9/2019
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 3 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello

So right now the vehicle locks and unlocks with the remote? What happens when you turn the ignition to the ON position? Will the shifter release from park with the ignition ON and foot on the brake?

haven't tried releasing shifter from park but trying to start in park with break on there's no cranking at all

Ok thanks. Turn the ignition ON without starting. Tell me what warning messages are on. Then see if the shifter will release from park with the ignition ON and foot on the brake.

see aboveI get nothing at all now as far as power so I guess I need to check battery again and get back to later

Yes. We could have a battery with a defective cell which can cause all kinds of issues. We will need to have the battery properly charged and tested to confirm. Let me know.