Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I had a wreck with my 2003 s type jaguar. It was fine but…

Customer Question
I had a wreck...

I had a wreck with my 2003 s type jaguar. It was fine but after it was towed and the battery went dead, I charged the battery and now the car wont crank at all seems to be in neutral no matter what gear I put it in and the P on the gearshift blinks

Mechanic's Assistant: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?

The battery wasnt changed it was just drained from the lights being left on. When I went to pick up the car it wouldnt crank and after charging the battery it still wont crank and the P on the gearshift blinks also seems to be in neutral no matter what gear its in

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 Jaguar?

S type 3.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing really. charged the battery. Before this accident and even after it would crank. now no crank at all and the p flashes. I am assuming something needs to be reset or there is an issue with the gearshift position.

Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Jaguar
3/8/2019
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 3 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello

Does the P stop flashing when you press the brake pedal? Can you explain what you mean by it feels like its in neutral?

it was towed and seems in neutral when towed without being pt in neutral was in park. when i put the key in and try to start it does nothing and it started before it was towed and the battery went dead. now no cranking and park light flashes

Will the shifter release from park with the ignition ON and foot on the brake? And will the shifter illuminate the other gears?

it will and the led says park brake faultthe security light blinks and beepsinterior lights when doors are openno interior lights when doors are open

Ok first lets check the inertia switch to make sure it has not tripped. It is located behind the driver side kick panel. There should be a hole in the panel where you can put your finger through to depress the top of the switch to reset it. If its not tripped then we will need a digital multimeter to start testing.