Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Transmission is slow and drive think it is stuck in 4th gear…

Customer Question
Transmission is slow and...

Transmission is slow and drive think it is stuck in 4th gear reverse works fine hoping that it's transmission control module needs to be reset I've already I've already taking it and taking the post off the battery and let it sit overnight shorted it out no difference should I take this to a Jaguar dealer and have the transmission control module reset

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you tested the battery with a voltmeter? And can you see if it's leaking or not?

Car starts fine should I take it and put the battery on a charger have not checked it with a voltmeter what should it read

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Charger?

Charger is automatic clothes from dead battery to regular battery it's fairly new

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Charger yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's not a charger it's a Jaguar XJ8 2000

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Red one post that I could clear the CPU not sure what that is at the Jaguar dealer for about a hundred and twenty five does that have anything to do with the transmission control module

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Jaguar
10/28/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 4 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
HelloIs the transmission fault warning message on now? Does the engine rev up then bang into gear when going into drive or when accelerating from a stop?