Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a 2004 VDP. The keyless sys. will sometimes work and…

Customer Question
I have a 2004...

I have a 2004 VDP. The keyless sys. will sometimes work and others I have to use the key. When the keyless sys. does not work I often get a beep alarm from the trunk area. When it does work, I often get the car alarm triggering when it's parked later, for no apparent reason. What is your recommendation?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fob's battery?

Not recently. However, the fob stopped working altogether about 1 year ago, and I had it reprogramed including a new battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Vdp yourself? What have you tried so far?

No. I rely on a dealer.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

I have what I believe to be a wiring short. Occasionally, the left front headlight goes out and I get an instrument panel reading that the hood is unlatched or another fault relating to the front air ccushioned shocks. Then when the head light is working there are no faults.

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Jaguar
9/20/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 4 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
HelloYour problem may be caused by the switch inside the ignition barrel. If the door in the ignition barrel is stuck open the vehicle thinks the key is in the ignition so the remote will not work and you will hear the error tone. Look at the ignition when the problem is occurring to see if that door is open. Let me k now.