Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Gearbox fault message came on and car went into limp mode.

Customer Question
Gearbox fault message came...

Gearbox fault message came on and car went into limp mode. 2000 xjr

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJR yourself? What have you tried so far?

Jaguar said I needed a new transmission. My brother, who has 50 years experience working on cars, has it now and is checking everything. I just thought I explore the internet for others with this experience.

Mechanic's Assistant: When was your transmission fluid last checked?

2 months ago I had it serviced. I asked that all fluids be checked, but perhaps they overlooked it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Its been a great car and hope it is a simple repair.

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Jaguar
9/3/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 4 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Hello

DO you know what the stored fault code number is *****? Any issues with how the transmission is shifting prior to the limp mode?