Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

1985 will turn over but not start even with new battery what…

Customer Question
1985 will turn over...

1985 will turn over but not start even with new battery what to do

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No i had service club try to jump start it and he tighted existing cables then s

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '85 Jaguar?

XJSC 12 cyldner convertable it started fine the other day now wont turn over

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJ-SC yourself? What have you tried so far?

Just only boosting the battery but turns over but not enough to start the enjine thought might be over flooded so tried to clear but putting foot on gas pedal to floor as well let it sit for 2 days i dont want to have to tow it in since it started fine after sitting over winter the day before now stuck on driveway

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Could it be clogged gasline to enjine since it was sitting for more than 6 months but did start initially after the 6 months

Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Jaguar
Answered in 2 days by:
8/23/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: eric remington,
 replied 4 years ago
eric remington

So starter engages and engine spins but no catch?