Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2004 jaguar xj8 when I put it in drive doesn't want to drive…

2004 jaguar xj8 when...

2004 jaguar xj8 when I put it in drive doesn't want to drive off have to push pedal harder to move off

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJ8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing yet I was going to use a mechatronic out the same year jag but not sure it will work since the solenoids seem to be a different colour

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Can you replace the solenoids and the bridge seal

8/7/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 4 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
HelloAre any warning lights or messages on? Is the shifter illuminating all the gears properly? If you drive in sport mode is the problem still present?
Transmission fault code stays on even when you shut vehicle off and restart. Prior to the code staying on I was able to drive the by putting it in reverse then back into drive and then drive off slowly and it seemed to do the trick seemed like a pressure issue so after driving that day park the car over and woke up to the transmission fault code staying on I haven't driven the car sinceI would but it is 9:02 pm in.West palm Beach florida

Ok this could very well be a transmission problem like the TCM/valve body but it could also be an engine management problem like an issue with the electronic throttle.

Since the fault warning is on we need a Jag compatible scan tool to read the current fault codes. We can try using a generic OBD II scan tool to see if any faults are stored in the ECM.

Let me know.

Richard, Jaguar Technician
Hello Richard although from the factory the solenoids I'm am told is not sold separate there are aftermarket companies that sell the solenoids and the bridge seal's separate Is it advisable to replace the solenoid the four tube O-rings and the bridge seal separate
Instead of
buying a complete mechatronic2004 jaguar xj8 zf6h26