Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2004 jaguar broke the plug on the cooling module and would…

Customer Question
2004 jaguar broke the...

2004 jaguar broke the plug on the cooling module and would like to know which color wire to hook up to which color wire on the module side. Engine side is white/green and pink/blue. Module side is white/green and white/blue

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Automatic and about 170000

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '04 Jaguar?

X-type

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes. I replaced the radiator will taking out I forgot to unplug the cooling fan module plugs and pulled the small wires out the harness

Submitted: 9 days ago.Category: Jaguar
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/11/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 9 days ago
KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech

Do you have the 3.0 or the 2.5 v6 engine in your car?

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
3.0
Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Forgot to unplug before removing radiator and broke the small so I just want to put some quick connects on it but don't know which small wire goes to the module wires

Please give me just a few minutes to look this up for you.

Customer reply replied 9 days ago
Ok
Jaguar Mechanic: KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 8 days ago

I am sowing the cooling fan module has 8 wires to it. Can you send me a pic of the damages wires and plugs please?

What side of the radiator was this plugged in?

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
Driver side it's 2 plugs that plug up to the fan module from the engine bay side the bigger has the brown/green and a black wire. The smaller plug has the white/green and white blue wires

Out of all the plugs I have a pin out for, this one plug is not in them. I will have to open this question back up for another expert to be able to help you. I will keep looking in the mean time and If I find the pin out for you I will post it for you.

Customer reply replied 8 days ago
I paid for no help?
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 8 days ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
HelloThe white/green is pin 2 and the white/blue is pin 3. The cavities on the hard shell connector should be numbered.