Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have. An x type 2003 the car is not reading the key fob…

I have. An x...

I have. An x type 2003 the car is not reading the key fob can not program the fob the car does start thou

Mechanic's Assistant: Did the fob come with the vehicle, or did you buy a blank?

Cam with the car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model of your '03 Jaguar?

Xtype

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes tried to program but would not read fob

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

That it

6/6/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 4 years ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
HelloFirst we need to check the battery is the remote. The key and the remote part are separate. The fob itself could also be the problem.I also recommend we check the door on the ignition lock barrel. If it is stuck open then the vehicle will think the key is in the ignition and the remote will not work. You can visually look at this or open the door with the key out of the ignition to see if there is a warning chime.Let me know.
The battery. Is. New and there. Is chime when I. Open the door
Ok thanks. If there is a chime when the key is out of the ignition the door is stuck. Try spraying some lubricant in the ignition lock then quickly insert and remove the key to see if the door will close and the chime is no longer sounding.Unfortunately I am unavailable for a phone call request at the moment but we can continue here til then.Let me know
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Jaguar Mechanic: ,  replied 4 years ago
Phone call session started