Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Geabrbox warning light on for first time on S-type Jag 3.0…

Customer Question
Geabrbox warning light on...

Geabrbox warning light on for first time on S-type Jag 3.0 v6. drives fine though.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

On the dash instrument panel

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your S-Type?

2001

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

No mechanic here Im afraid.. Good battery essential I know from other posts. No signs yet of problems with driving but expect to down to Dorset from London next week and so concerned if I should drive it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Submitted: 25 days ago.Category: Jaguar
5/30/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: peterpete190, Auto Technician replied 25 days ago
peterpete190
peterpete190, Auto Technician

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today. In some cases, I may need more info to assist better. I apologize for any delay.
I try to be here most weekdays and some weekends. If you respond and I do not respond back right away I will do so as soon as I can.

With this warning coming on this indicates that a fault is detected with one of the gearbox components. Usually, this is a faulty sensor or solenoid in the gearbox acting up. What has to be done from here, unfortunately, is to have the fault codes read out/checked using a fully compatible scan tool or computer plugged into your model to see what codes are set. Once this is done any codes set then need to be diagnosed to then help to locate and repair this issue here. This has to be done as this is the only way to know for sure why this light is on and what the issue is with the gearbox.

If the gearbox is operating properly and the engine is also operating properly then most likely you are o.k. to drive it for now until you can have it looked into and repaired but I do recommend having this looked into and repaired as soon as possible.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service, your 5-star rating is appreciated ( should be a link to click on here or above). You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question. I work on delivering the best answer and help here but in some cases, it can be difficult to do without seeing the vehicle.

Thanks, Pete