Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a 08 jaguar xj with b2291 passenger occupancy seat…

Customer Question
Richard I have a 08...
Richard I have a 08 jaguar xj with b2291 passenger occupancy seat sensor error high circuit, I wanted to know where the sensor was located and if this can be fixed?
Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Jaguar
5/26/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 24 days ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
HelloTurn the ignition on and watch the air bag light. It should come on for about three seconds. Then see if it blinks code 17. That will be one blink, pause then seven blinks.Let me know.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
ok car will be back a little later tonight its not hear...But as soon as it arrives I will confirm the light flashes
Ok thanks.The problem is the seat weight sensor is only replaced as an assembly with the bladder and module. It also has to be calibrated with the Jag took. We should check under the seat as it could be a loose connection. There are also four spatial sensors, two in the headliner, one on the dash on the hazard switch bezel and the other on the a post. They look like small vents. Turn the ignition on and put your ear to them. You should hear a faint rapid clicking noise.
Customer reply replied 24 days ago
do you have diagram for this?I just wanted to know where to look
Customer reply replied 23 days ago
Richard its confirmed its code 17 its flashes once then pauses then flashes 7 times in sequence.
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 23 days ago

Ok thanks. PLease check the connections under the seat as well as check for the clicking noise from those sensors. I will see if I can send over a diagram.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
I will need a diagram of where these connections are located to check them...

Click on the link for the service procedure which will point out al the connections.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
ok just to confirm, remove the passenger seat, then remove the bottom cover, to access the sensor connections?

Just remove the seat bolts and tilt it back to inspect. You will need to remove the main seat connections but the module and sensor will be under the seat.

Customer reply replied 23 days ago
ok ill tackle this tomorrow...
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 22 days ago

Ok keep me posted

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
hi Richard sorry to bother you, but I did remove the seat bolts, tilts it back,then removed the four torx and located the OCS sensor connector..it was connected...does this mean the assembly is bad? I checked for frayed wires also...
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 21 days ago

Yes there should be that pressure snesor and then the separate module. Without a Jag factory tool we really cant fully test the system. Also please confirm the clicking on those OCS spatial sensors.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
I will get a sdd unit tomrw from my buddy to test it or have him test it

Ok great. We can monitor the OCS as it will say empty, below threshold or above threshold depending on the weight in the seat.

Customer reply replied 21 days ago
hi gm Richard the passenger airbag sensor 1 and 2 shows 2.7 and 2.7 ohms of resistance...trying to figure out how to show threshold
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
all 4 sensors show 2.4 -2.7 ohms
Those are the actual airbags them selves. We need to look for occupancy sensing. Depending on n what software is in the sdd there is a search button on the right side of datalogger.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
he has 130.07 sdd
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
ok found it. it shows occupancy classification, shows empty
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
we just sat a 34lb battery in seat and it says below threshold
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
ok i sat in it it shows above threshold i weigh 220 it showed code 17 in top left small box with above threshold
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
do you think it lost calibration?
Lets clear the code w/sdd. With the ignition on or engine running with the doors, hood and trunk closed sit in the passenger seat. Then move your body forward so your tilting yourself towards the dash and see if the passenger air bag light comes on. Then tilt yourself towards the driver side to see if the passenger air bag warning comes on. We are checking those spatial sensors when doing that.
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
hi Richard tried it and pass airbag light didnt come on...
Customer reply replied 21 days ago
also tried to clear codes...and it didnt clear
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 20 days ago

Ok. Put your ear to each of those sensors and see if you hear the clicking.

Customer reply replied 20 days ago
i hear a small pulse from the a pillar sensor but I cant hear anything from the overhead sensor
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
also will the airbag fault stop the cruise control from working?
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
the A pillar pulse is clear but I cant hear anything from the upper sensor
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 19 days ago

No the air bag should not have an effect on the cruise unless the clockspring is the problem. That would leave a fault code for the driver air bag. Wonder if the headliner sensor is the problem or we have a poor connection there.

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Maybe i will drop it down tomorrow and check it
Customer reply replied 19 days ago
wud the overhead sensor be sensor 1?

Let me check on that

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
Ok yes because the code references sensor 1 high circuit
Customer reply replied 18 days ago
Richard would you have any clue on a 2003 4.6 discovery rear door fuse location? I have no rear door function
Customer reply replied 17 days ago
never heard back from you on the Jaguar, last reply was at 10:20 pm....night before last, did you confirm the location of the sensor???