Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a 2005 xjL need to pair my IPhone 10. The heat dose…

Customer Question
I have a 2005...

I have a 2005 xjL need to pair my IPhone 10

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the mechanic to go over that information regarding your Jaguar XJL. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

The heat dose not seem to work as it should

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Jaguar
5/2/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 2 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Your vehicle may not be fitted with bluetooth. These vehicles were prewired for bluetooth but all necessary components were not installed. First see if there is a small external microphone on the headliner next to the overhead console. Also press the phone button on the audio unit. If it says no phone or phone not fitted then the bluetooth system is not installed. If it says anything else then press ##3#*# on the audio unit. Then search for bluetooth devices on your phone. select jaguar on your phone and the four digit pin is 1313.

Let me know.

It say’s no phone.

Ok then unfortunately it sounds like the bluetooth system is not fitted to the vehicle or the phone module itself is faulty. Look for the micrphone and if there is not one then the system is not installed.

I do have a microphone.

Ok so this sounds like an issue with the phone module. Try disconnect just the negative battery terminal cable for about 10 minutes. Reconnect it and see if the module resets. Do not close the trunk with the battery disconnected. Also see if you can search for Jaguar under bluetooth settings on your phone. If so enter 1313 when prompted.