Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Battery died, battery is in the trunk, how do i open the…

Customer Question
Battery died, battery is...

Battery died, battery is in the trunk, how do i open the trunk if electric is off?

Mechanic's Assistant: What exactly is happening to the trunk?

The button wont open the trunk, is there a key slot somewhere?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

2005 xk8 convertible

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have tried the release from inside obviously the key fob wont work.the car is electrically dead

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Jaguar
4/2/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Jake, Auto Mechanic replied 3 months ago
Jake
Jake, Auto Mechanic

There is a trunk lock cylinder in the middle of the X and K in the emblem on the passenger side rear.

If lock is seized, locate the fuse box on the driver side. Next to the fuse box is the positive cable, Has a little rubber cap that pulls up. Install the red positive lead of your jumper pack there and then install the black ground lead to the vehicle body (should be a strut tower nut close by). This should give you enough power to open the trunk with the remote or either switch.

If you need additional help with this please let me know!

If not, please just be sure to leave me a kind rating so the site credits me for my time is all.

thanks.