Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Motor was Change in my 2008 XK vanden plas. It will not.

Customer Question
Motor was Change in...

Motor was Change in my 2008 XK vanden plas. It will not

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?

Motor overheated in my 2008 xj Vanden Plas. Motor was change out by Gambino's in New Orleans. It will not start, are even make contact. For 3 months, Kevin & staff are experienced & have tried everything. Any suggestions please. Thanks, ***** *****

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Vanden Plas yourself? What have you tried so far?

83k on the installed motor with auto transmission. I am the owner, not a mechanic. They have replace dozens of Jaguar motors & haven't

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Sorry! They have tried everything possible.

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Jaguar
4/1/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 3 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
HelloSo right now the engine will not crank at all?
Does the vehicle power up normally when the ignition is turned on?
Will the shifter release from park with the ignition on and foot on the brake?
Has anything been replaced to try and fix this issue?
As I stated, the car will not start. Yes, the car powered up & the shifter worked on the old engine. They have rechecked all the normal wiring & etc.
All the necessary parts were transferred from the old motor to the newly install motor.
Are U available now or please tell me when.
Ok we need to check a few things. First see if the shifter will release from park with the ignition on and foot on the brake. This will confirm the vehicle network integrity.Next have them make sure the inertia switch has not tripped. It is located behind the driver side lower kick panel. There should be a hole in the panel where you can put your finger through to reset it.Let me know.
Will pass on to Kevin in the AM & let U know???
Ok great.
Richard, Both of your suggestion were tried. That's not the problem! They have a pulse to the injectors, but no pluse to the spark plugs. Thanks, JB
I'm waiting to hear from you to pass on your next step to my mechanic Kevin.
Ok so the engine is cranking strong but there is no spark?We have power and gro it and to the ignition coils but no pulse signal from the ECM?
No, The engine will not start! I do not know what the gro & the emc is? Please explain so I can pass the info on o the mechanic.
Please respond!

Ok have your mechanic verify crank signal. He should know how to do this but if not then have him monitor the RPM signal with a scan tool. When cranking he should see the engine rpm increase. Next confirm we have power to the red/white wire and ground to the black wire on the ignition coils when the ignition is turned on. It is possible we have a security issue where the ECM has been immobilized. Unfortunately only the Jag factory tool dealers have can run this setup procedure.

Let me know.

They have tried all except the Jag tool part. Kevin is going to towe my car to the Jag dealer for all the necessary test & tools that he does not have. He thinks the problem is in the wiring or the computer. Any other suggestions?
That is definitely a possibility with the engine control module. Keep me posted.
Going on 4 months & all has failed. After the engine was installed, it will not start. Totally disgusted. Help!!!

Did Jag try and reset the security immobilization?