Richard, Jaguar Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford/Lincoln Mercury and Jaguar dealer as technician and shop foreman.
10437779

AAA can't figure which is the positive under the hood of my

Customer Question

AAA can't figure which is the positive under the hood of my 2007 Jaguar convertible. I have a picture from the internet but it doesn't match my engine. We can't get the trunk open even with the key.
JA: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?
Customer: No but I want to have a better picture or directions from under the hood if possible. t
JA: Are you fixing your Convertible yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have AAA service and he knows nothing about cars.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: My antenna was torn off and the car has had electrical problems. The car was charged and ran for an hour and was dead the next day. I couldn't turn the lights off and the battery went dead again. i have ordered a new antenna and hope everything will work by preventing water from getting to the electrical part of the retractable antenna.
Category: Jaguar
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
It is easier going under the bumper. Go under the driver side corner of the rear bumper. Look up and you will see a thick black cable. This is a positive cable. Pull back the rubber boot at the end and hood up the red positive cable of your booster there and the black lead to the exhaust. This will give you enough power to open the trunk electrically.Let me know.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
What about an accurate picture of the engine area since we couldn't figure out where the positive was for jumping the car from the front.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Forget about it. I don't like being charged again
Expert:  Richard replied 7 months ago.
On the xk there really is not a safe spot to do this under the hood. You can go to the fuse box in the driver side of the engine compartment but this is not easily done.