Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

2000 xk8 convetible just bought it and had top down and put…

Customer Question
2000 xk8 convetible just...

2000 xk8 convetible just bought it and had top down and put in valet mode. WOrked fine getting in and out of trunk. then when I got home won't get out of valet mode.

Mechanic's Assistant: What exactly is happening to the trunk?

I have 1 black key and no key fob.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XK8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

It will not open with the interior trunk release. there is a bell and the dash says "valet mode"

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

There is no keyhole in the trunk between the xk8

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Jaguar
3/30/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 3 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

Use the black master key as there is a key hole for the trunk in the XK emblem on the right hand side. Make sure the trunk lights come on and this should disengage valet.

There is no keyhole. Apparently painted over. Supposed to be original paint, but must not be. I bought it as is, so cant do anything about it. I think valet button is stuck.

There is not an XK emblem on the passenger side under the tail light? Can you upload a quick photo.

The xk is not there. Yeah I know what its supposed to be... but the key hole is not there.
Have to take it to deale or mechanic. Thought you might have a suggestion if valet button stuck ... thanks!

Ok the only way to disengage valet would be to open the trunk using the black master key. This way the security module will see the trunk being opened manually.

I dont think the button is stuck. Even if it is we need to get the trunk open to disengage it.

Sometimes a mobile lock smith can get it opened by removing the license plate and going through the small holes in the trunk where the plate mounts.

Manual says it should disenguage with black key in door lock or ignition and it it did that several times today. Who know? But my briefcase is inthere lol

That is a mis print. The only way is using the black master key in the trunk.

This is because the green valet key has the same cut for the ignition and door but not the trunk.

Oh great no keyhole... pretty much screwed then huh

Unfortunately. Like I said going through the hole in the trunk is the only way without doing any kind of modification to the trunk lid.

Ok thanks!

NO problem. Let me know if you need anything else.