Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Shfts and drives fine but shifter when in park lights up…

Customer Question
Shfts and drives fine...

Shfts and drives fine but shifter when in park lights up reverse instead of park and cant start the car unless in neutral ... How do i fix it to where shifter light lights up park and corrects itself ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

The light on the shifter faceplate

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Jaguar?

2001 s type jaguar

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your F-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

So the problem is when I go to shift it from reverse to park it would go into park but it doesn't register that it's in park it registers that it's in Reverse so I can't get my key out of the ignition

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

And it's a 2001 S-Type Jaguar

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Jaguar
3/24/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech replied 3 months ago
KALAMYKID
KALAMYKID, Shop Owner/ Tech

What size engine is in your jag?