Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a 09 jaguar xf supercharged and the battery was

Customer Question
I have a 09...

I have a 09 jaguar xf supercharged and the battery was drained the other day and I jumped it with a jump box and might have reversed the polarity I did actually .and now the headlights and tail lights and interior lights don't come on at all the high beams still work is it a relay ??

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the bulbs? Have you checked the connection?

The high beams work but the connection was fine just a day ago I reversed the polarity and then jumped my car all the lights came on but them stopped like I blew something

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XF Supercharged yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes myself I'm trying to figure out what would blow if I reversed polarity and still jumped my car

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No Hook

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Jaguar
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/24/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 2 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Is the engine starting normally? Anything else not working?
engine starts normal just the interior lights and head lights and tail lights don't work the high beams work as well
I just checked the fuses and all good
We mostg likely have a problem with the internal transistors in the central junction box. These do not dedicated fuses for the exterior lighting. This is the passenger fuse box. I k now you stated you check fuses but please double check power is present to fuse #35 (15 amp) in that passenger fuse box.Let me know.
Ok the interior lights work but the instrument panel lights don't work I will check to see if power is on #35
No power to #35
Ok this powered by an i knternal relay in the central junction. Box. This was most likely damaged when it was jumped. The problem is this module must be programmed when repllaced.
When I put the tester on ##35 I put the positive (red) cable on the #35 where the fuse would be and then where do I put the negative _(black) cable at from the multi meter
programmed where do I get that done
Yea red lead to the top of the fuse and the black lead to a good ground like the seat track.Unfortunately the dealer will have to install and program the CJB.
what is the part called so I can but it and fix it

It is the central junction box.

Richard, Jaguar Technician