Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Ill driv the car for 15 20 mil's and it will start to stall…

Ill driv the car...

Ill driv the car for 15 20 mil's and it will start to stall out our the rpm will drop say to 2000 and stay there with my foot to the floor Put full sencer in went well for two day's now its back to it agen.

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?

The last time it showed that it was fuel sencer.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'll pass this info along to the Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the make/model of your car?

Jag, 2003 S Typ.6 cyl,.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

New coils , gas filter , and fuel censer.

3/20/2018
Matt, Engineer

Hello and welcome to Just Answer

Do you know what number the code was you pulled off last time?

is there any check engine or other fault light on? and how many miles are on the car?

from your description I'd say its either a failed sensor thats keeping it in limp home or a lack of fuel pressure

1st thing to try is to remove the fuel filler cap and then flick the ignition on whilst listening for the brief ‘buzz’ of the pump

If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,
Ideally measure the pressure at the injector rail (should usually be around 3Bar / 45psi +) and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

You can also get this issue with contaminated fuel , if there’s water or dirt in the tank then either the petrol floats on top of the water or the filter sock on the pump is choked up – so if the other things check out then I’d consider pulling out the fuel pump and cleaning the filter sock

And one other thing to try is to loosen off the fuel filler cap, as there’s a 1 way valve built into the cap to let air into the tank and so prevent a vacuum from being created as the fuel leaves the tank to the engine
If this helps then replace the cap with a new item

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you Matt, it has 166,605.90

Hello

Ok those codes are a lack of communication ( usually just a glitch) a faulty O2 sensor post cat on bank 2 and a faulty fuel regulator?

Matt, Engineer

So I'd begin by replacing the O2 sensor to begin with and then try the other things I've mentioned

Hi
do you still need help?
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! If you're not pleased, also let me know because rating bad does not result in a refund, there are better options. Rating now will not close this post nor prevent further replies
Thanks Matt

Matt, Engineer