Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

My daughter's 16 year old boyfriend just bought a 2001

Customer Question
Hi Richard,My daughter's 16 year...
Hi Richard,My daughter's 16 year old boyfriend just bought a 2001 Jaguar S-Type about a week ago, and now his brake lights are not working. The tail lights, deck brake light, turn signals, back up lights, etc. all work. Any suggestions? I replaced the 10 amp fuses for 3 and 7 as per the manual, but the brake lights don't work. Please help me to help this poor kid. Thank you
Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Jaguar
3/18/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 1 month ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician

All the brake lights are controlled independently from the Rear Electronics Module. We may have a problem with the REM. I first recommend we rule out bad bulbs or issue with the socket/connectors. I'm sure this was already checked but maybe worth another look. I also recommend we check all the fuses in the rear fuse box with a digital meter. Another fuse on the exterior lighting circuit could be blown believe it or not. Also make sure we have battery power on the wire for the brake light when you apply the brakes. It is pin 3 black/orange on the left side tail light unit and pin 5 black/green on the right side tail light.

Let me know.

Richard, Jaguar Technician