Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Just picked it New To Me Xtype 3.0 Estate Opened Bonnet now…

Just picked it New...

Just picked it New To Me Xtype 3.0 Estate Opened Bonnet now wont catch, and same with drivers door

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your X-Type?

2005

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your X-Type yourself? What have you tried so far?

Not yet as its caked in ice

Meant To Say Just Picked it up
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/18/2018
Richard, Jaguar Technician
For the bonnet check both the latches as they may be stuck. Look on the inner part where the spring goes. The latch shoiuuld return to its set position by the spring. You can use a flat blade screwdriver and small hammer to tap it into place then spray the latch spring with some lubricant to prevent this from reoccurring.For the door try latching it without closing the door to see if the latch mechanism will operate. If not the latch is most likely faulty but we can lubricating that as well.Let me know.
Thanks going give it a go. Could it be be frozen?
Ok sounds good. Yes that is possible.
Richard, Jaguar Technician
All fixed yes it was ice, thanks for help.