Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Looking at possibly getting a 2002 jaguar x type the owner…

looking at possibly getting a...
looking at possibly getting a 2002 jaguar x type the owner says that when it warms to operating temperature it starts ticking
3/17/2018
Richard, Jaguar Technician
HelloI assume it is an engine noise? How mamny miles on the vehicle? How much are they asking for the vehicle?
98000 miles
1000 bucks
Ok that is a cheap price but overall I see a lot of issues on the 2002 x types at high mileage. Since there is an engine noise this is usually a bearing. Piston or valve. All would need a decent amount of rework for the repair. If you have the skills and tools/equipment to do these type of jobs that will obviously save on some of the costs. Other issues I see on. These are electrical as well as transmission issues so this may not be the best investment.
Thank you

You are very welcome. Let me know if you need anything else. When ready please submit a positive rating so I can receive credit. Thanks.

Richard, Jaguar Technician
Very helpful

Glad I was able to help