Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

84 XJS new batt, alternator, new plugs. Car stalls low RPM…

Customer Question
Thanks, ***** ***** new...

Thanks, ***** ***** new batt, alternator, new plugs. Car stalls low RPM when at stop lights

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the check engine light on? Does the car stall at idle or when driving?

No , that you . No check engine lights and runs well at higher speeds

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XJ-S yourself? What have you tried so far?

New alternator,plugs, fuel filter, fuel pump, battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Location of idle?

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jaguar
3/17/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 4 months ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

This sounds like a vacuum leak to me. check all of the hoses closely especially the PCV hose.

Also, check the idle motor for being dirty or bad. You can take it off a clean it too with carb cleaner. You should also clean the throttle body inside as well.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.