Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

My rear quarter windows wont go up on 2006 Jaguar XK8. I…

Customer Question
My rear quarter windows...

My rear quarter windows wont go up on 2006 Jaguar XK8 . I tried the steps you suggested regarding the relays. I can hear the motor, fluid leaks out of the top and windows won't go up. What can I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the color and consistency of the fluid? And where exactly are you finding it?

The fluid is a greenish color and it comes from the overhead dome lights and it leaks when the motor runs

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XK8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I'm trying to fix it myself. The only thing I've tried so far is the test recommended by Richard to another customer to see if the micro switch on the top was not sending the signal to module to operate the quarter windows.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Yes, cannot get top latch to lock.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Jaguar
3/17/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 1 month ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
If there is a leak then there may not be enough fluid pressure to seat the switch in the piston so the quarter windows will not go up.We can jump out the quarter windows relays. Not sure how you tried doing this.Let me know.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I ran a relay wire from the battery to port number 3 on the relay.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Have a meeting right now. Would like to call later today.
Unfortunately I am unavailable for a call at the moment but we can continue here til then. Lets try jumping it out again. It is possible one or both of the quarter window regulators have failed.
Only remove the quarter up relay. Leave the down relay in and jump battery positive to pin 3 of the relay connector. If you hear the motor and some crunching sounds the reghulator has broken.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Is there a way to manually lock the convertible top latch? If not, will roof fly open when traveling at speed greater than 65mph?
There sh ould be a large Allen wrench on the CD changer bracket where the pump is. Loosen the manual lever on the pump a turn then pop off the round cover on the header to rotate the latch to close the top.
Richard, Jaguar Technician