Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a jaguar XJ8 2000 with original 14,000 miles. Fan…

Customer Question
I have a jaguar XJ8...
I have a jaguar XJ8 2000 with original 14,000 miles. Fan starts going at an full speed when I shut off engine. Based on the temperature engine temperature runs steady temperature over a 10 to 60 mile ride.
Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Jaguar
3/13/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 3 months ago
Gunvir Singh

Hello, let me review your request. Please stand by.

Jaguar Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 3 months ago

Roughly how long does the fans stay on after vehicle is turned off?

5 - 10 minutes. Based on the elevated noise, I believe both fans are running at that time! I have never experienced that in either of the two XJ8 that I owned since 2003.
Jaguar Mechanic: Gunvir Singh,
 replied 3 months ago

First step is to make sure thermostat is working with in specifications. The cooling fans may run for up to 5 minutes or until the temperature drops below 187° F. Measure the engine temperature with an infra-red thermometer and observe the cooling fans. If the fans stop once the temp reaches 187 degrees that is normal. If the temperature shown on the infrared thermosmeter is different that present at the pcm data then possibly you have a faulty sensor.