Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

Replaced the battery and now getting two beeps when locking…

Customer Question
Replaced the battery and...

Replaced the battery and now getting two beeps when locking the car. Thinking maybe door lock or windows need a reset?

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?

Yes. first time battery was replaced by myself. last one was done at dealership. car is 2012 xf portfolio. had to reset windows after putting in battery as they would not auto up or down.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your XF yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just said, replaced the battery.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. Thank you.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Jaguar
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
When am I going to receive an answer?
3/13/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 1 month ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
Please make sure all the doors, hood and trunk are fully closed. Then go in your vehicle and start it to see if any warnji nags are on that something is opened. Then lock it using the switch on the dash and see if all doors are locking.Let me know.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Since replacing battery, passenger door will not lock with remote. The doors appear to lock from inside, but when locking vehicle with remote, passenger door remains open and alarm sounds when handle is pulled. This is only after replacing battery.
Unfortunately I am unavailable for a call at the moment but we can continue here til then.Never ran into that after replacing the battery. May have a problem with the latch or the passenger doors module. Try disconnecting just the negative battery terminal cable for about thirty minutes to see if it will reset.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
After resetting the passenger side auto up/down window one more time, the car locks with remote without the two beeps, second press of the lock button on remote gets confirmation beep, but passenger door remains unlocked.
Ok this is most likely a fauult with the door latch but testing would need to be done to confirm that.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Do I get a refund because this has been absolutely no help whatsoever?
Not sure what else you need. Do you have a digital multimeter we can test the circuit.
Richard, Jaguar Technician