Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

I have a S type 3.0 that keeps shutting down my car and

Customer Question
Hello there! I have...

Hello there! I have a S type 3.0 that keeps shutting down my car and throwing a DCS code as a fault. Any idea what this could be?

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?

I don't know the code #. Just words come up on my dash

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Jaguar?

2005 s type 3.0

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes/no.......restarting the vehicle after waiting for a moment or two,then it's fine for a little while,but has been doing it regularly

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

Parking brake faults come up in words

Submitted: 3 months ago.Category: Jaguar
3/9/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Richard, Jaguar Technician replied 3 months ago
Richard, Jaguar Technician
HelloSounds like we may have a problem with the electronic throttle system specifically the throttle body. This can cause the vehicle to go into a limp mode and display that warning. It can even be a low voltage issue. To be sure we will need to have the vehicle scanned for the stored fault codes. A Jag factory tool is needed to communicate with the vehicle to read all the stored faults but we can try using a generic OBD II tool available at your local parts store to see if we can read the stored fault codes in the Engine Control Module. The codes will be a P followed by four digits. For example P0121 or P2135.Let me know.
Thank you for your timely response and insight! Off to Jaguar we go!
Let me know if you need anything else.