Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

No start after loosoing igniyion key maybe didn't get the…

Customer Question
No start after loosoing...

No start after loosoing igniyion key maybe didn't get the key programed right or all the way

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?

No they ate clean

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car?

2004 stype v8

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your S-type V8 yourself? What have you tried so far?

New fuel pump all the fuses its getting gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

How do u check the spark

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Jaguar
3/8/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: Danny, ASE Certified Technician replied 4 months ago
Danny
Danny, ASE Certified Technician
To check spark, remove one of the ignition coils and stick a screwdriver in where the plug normally goes then set it down so that the metal part of the screwdriver is close to a metal part on the engine and have a friend crank to see if the spark is jumping the gap.After you lost the key who made you a new one?If I've answered your question to your satisfaction please don't forget to hit accept next to my name as it's the only way the site will compensate me for my time. You'll still be able to ask follow-up questions about this topic after hitting accept.