Jaguar

Jaguar repair problems? Ask a Jaguar repairs Expert.

First, it's not my Jaguar. About a year ago, a friend bought…

Customer Question
First, it's not my...

First, it's not my Jaguar. About a year ago, a friend bought a smaller 1960s-vintage Jaguar sedan. He said the car tends to wander. Although I've never even driven a Jaguar, I find it very hard to believe that such a car would handle as badly as American makes from that era.

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Sedan?

It's a 1966 model.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sedan yourself? What have you tried so far?

So far, nothing. I'm looking at possible defects before proceeding further.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?

No. The body is in good shape. It looks like it was not in a crash.

Submitted: 1 month ago.Category: Jaguar
3/7/2018
Jaguar Mechanic: rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor replied 1 month ago
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor

Hello, my name is ***** ***** to Just Answer! I will be assisting you with your questions today. Give me one moment while I review this.

I agree with your analogy with the exception of a worn out part in the front end, or incorrect tires. The front end parts do need to be checked for wear and proper lubrication too.

Please understand that I don't know your skill level or tools
you have to assist us. Also understand that I can't see, smell,
hear, or touch the vehicle either, so your patience is
appreciated. JA is a great Q/A site, but it does not replace a
repair shop. So please don’t shoot the messenger if I have to
deliver bad news:)
pops up. I don’t get credit for helping you until
you rate me

Thanks, Ron

Did you have any more questions for me at this time?

Please remember that I don't get credit for helping you unless you rate me. Also keep our link in case you need me again later on.

Thanks again, Ron

Thanks again and please remember to rate me 5 stars now
and keep this link in case you need me again later on.
I don’t get credit for assisting you until you rate me
My goal is to assist you in the repair of your vehicle by
supplying you with well educated information. I may not
always have the exact fix you wanted to hear, but my job is
to get you on the right track, which I always do. I can’t hear,
see, smell or touch your vehicle from where I’m at, so your
understanding of that is greatly appreciated. There are no
magical answers, but I do my best to guide you in the right
direction.

rpmdiag
rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor